Editor in Chief® improves your child's grammar, punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and attention to detail using a standards-based thinking approach rather than drill and practice. This effective method teaches students to carefully analyze and edit stories that contain errors in writing mechanics and story details.
The grades 3–4 (Beginning-level) stories combine single skills (like capitalization) with guided, gradual instruction and practice that is ideal for younger learners. The grades 4–12 (A-, B- and C-level) stories involve mixed-skills practice, starting with easier errors and becoming more challenging as students become adept at the editing process.
The books and software both use the same stories, errors, and rules. The difference is in the way students edit the stories.
Students identify and click on errors in each story. Then they select the category and specific rule that applies to each error, prompting the software to correct the error. On-screen instructions, hints, rules, and answers allow students to work, learn, and succeed independently.
- Provides high-quality independent learning (not "edutainment") with immediate feedback for students and parents.
- 33 activities per CD; 40 activities on Beginning-level CD
- Each CD has beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of play (except Beginning-level)
- Quick and detailed instructions
- Hints that help students keep learning even if they don't know a rule-no getting stuck.
- Guide to Grammar, Usage & Punctuation that teaches and reinforces concepts
- Saves unfinished games
- Self-grading, with printable student data
Products included in this bundle: Editor in Chief® Beginning SoftwareEditor in Chief® A1 SoftwareEditor in Chief® A2 Software
Editor in Chief's standards-based approach sharpens students' language, reading, and thinking skills for better academic performance and higher scores on assessment tests including
Iowa Tests of Basic Skills® (ITBS®)
Indiana Statewide Test for Educational Progress (ISTEP)
Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS)
NYC English Language Arts Test (ELA)
Stanford Achievement Test™ (SAT/9; SAT/10)
California Achievement Tests (CAT/6)
and many more!